Friday 29 July 2011

The Hood Open

Every year, Brett's side of the family has a golf tournament. This entails a lot of family coming to visit. To help my mother in law with the stress of having a bunch of people visiting, I am cooking a ham for supper tomorrow. I am super excited about trying out this awesome recipe we have tried before. And with ham comes the leftovers, with which I will take some to make a wife saver (basically, bread, eggs, cheese, ham, seasonings, milk, set over night, topped with cornflakes, and baked in the morning).
I am also making rice crispies and puffed wheat squares.

I borrowed my mom's stand mixer (cause only I am crazy enough to bake in this heat), and made banana bread and muffins, possibly Eric's most favorite thing in the world, as well as oatmeal cookie batter (those will have to be baked in the morning. The cookies are possibly Brett's....runner up....for favorite thing in the world. LOL.

Can't wait for good food, great family, and fun times. Cheers!

No comments: